Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden  
Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 1 Antworten
und wurde 431 mal aufgerufen
 THING that HAVE to CHANGE in the THEATRE (BLOG)
mariehelene Offline

25.02.2011 15:03
Returning of tickets @NT Antworten

I start this personal blog to vent my anger about some issues I come across on a regular basis:

Returning of Tickets at the National Theatre:
As it happens once in a while it is impossible to attend a performance. As illness doesn´t annouce itself one is left with no choice but to hope that the theatre is willing to cooperate and offer to swap it to another date or refund the payment. I generally prefer an alternative date as I wanted to see the show in the first place.
When I couldn´t see Hamlet earlier this year I called them and they agreed (obviously against their official policy) to refund the money minus £2 admin which is more than fair. As the show was in huge demand I think this is a vary fair deal and somebody else could enjoy the show.
Now I am off sick again and even if I am back to work soon I am far to exhausted to see the show I booked for next week. As I still to weak to drag myself to a mailbox to post this precious ticket back I left with either offering over the internet or loose a lot of money.

Just for the records
I see on average 6 shows every year at the national, have advanced membership, of cause.
I booked normally via their website and have to fight everytime when the booking seasons opens because their website doesn't cope. Great fun!

How many seats are empty in so called "SOLD OUT" performances? People travel to the theatre at hugh costs and effort, queue for hours to get tickets while other people who cannot attend cannot return tickets in time? So people have to sell them via the internet, then??? Is this what the National is advocating so people do not loose their money?
As it possible to purchase tickets via the website and receive copies of tickets (for forgotten tickets, for example) when one provides the credit or debit card, not to offer a cancellation or return of tickets via the internet via a safe identification is UNACCEPTABLE.
THIS HAS TO CHANGE!

The Bottom Line:
I will have to drag myself to theatre and if my still upset stomach doesn't cope, fine, I won't apologize and it will provide the right publicity which might burocrats to reconsider their C&Ts.

EDIT> Commercial Theatre have been proven to be more customer friendly.

mariehelene Offline

01.03.2011 17:19
#2 RE: Returning of tickets @NT Antworten

withdrawn

this article was the quote of the reply from the National hiding behind "Copy & Paste" phrases regarding their T&Cs.

My company's legal advisers were shrugging their shoulders when I complained that one of my "copy & paste" replies was and still is puplished on the internet. "Unless it is offensive" you cannot do anything.
But as it is copyright infringement, I agree to remove it.

I send a first class letter on friday evening/Saturday midday to the National, it arrived on Tuesday. Shall I sue now the Royal Mail or are we back to Square one, why the National doesn't accepted to sell my ticket without having the physical ticket. As there can be only 1 person sitting on a seat at the time I don't know where possible duplicates are supposed could come from.

Yes, other theatre not necessarily take tickets back but when one suffers from a severe cough, believe me, people are happy to arrange to swap tickets for another date. Common sense.

As a regular attendee this lack of common sense strikes me as the problem. Handling hundreds of returned tickets is good and many more people could benefit if you would allow members to cancel tickets even online.
I send a photo of that ticket attached to the email on Friday to the box office and informed them in writing that the ticket is back in the mail to them. That is as good as having the actual ticket.

What more could I have done?

Sprung  
Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen | ©Xobor.de
Datenschutz